Sep 15, 2008

I am SHY

Hi all.

Hope everyone had a blast weekend because I had. I'm flat out with too much cooking and jalan-jalan plus Huda came over to my house. Did I mention that I'm doing beading for baju raya? Not mine though, just a customer who is willing to sacrifice her own baju raya. Don't worry, its coming out nicely at the moment.

Suddenly I'm feeling a bit shy.
Shy to write what is on my mind or what I have done.

I always thought that I'm writing for my own purposes, not for people to read. I mean, I'm aware that my blog is public, and there is no reason to be private, nonetheless I don't go around telling people that I have a blog. Because I'm a shy person.

Plus I decided to have a blog because I haven't written for a long time. Before I took English Literature, I used to write short stories but somehow I stopped. Writing compulsory assignments took away most of my creativity juices and leave none imagination whatsoever. Personally, I think one of the disadvantage of taking literature in Malaysia is that you don't have the freedom to write just anything. However, if you're stuck with a foreign lecturer then you'll be okay. You can just say or write anything without having to comply to previous critiques.

Another setback is that when I come to face the literature world, I realised that my writings will never be as good as theirs. Turns out that writing is not a simple task. You have to coin the right and proper words so that the whole gist is properly formed. Getting the right choice of words is the hardest. Later on I found that I can be a quite good critique. My complaining ability has come into hand at last. It must be two, either you become a writer or a critique.

I just got a call asking whether I am interested in a part-time lecturing at MMC. Teach English, of course. After I said yes, I had a panic attack. I am not good in public. Even if I know my subject well but when I face unfamiliar faces, everything I know will fly out of my head. And I am a paranoid too because I'll keep thinking that I will bore people and they wont like me at all. Gosh, I need to rethink back my reply. I don't want to feel pressured just because I will be having panic attacks everynow and then.

Come to think of it, I never expected any readers, well, besides my family of course.
When people ask, 'Oh you have a blog?', I don't know how to response to that.

Because I'm shy. ;p

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, i like your writing. far better than mine.. hohoh. in fact am not same level as you pon..

so continue to write, put your thought and jgn lupa datang the iftar session haha

Anonymous said...

awak sangat shy ye..tak tahu pulak saya..ish ish

sera_a said...

fer: hahah..right..now im even more embarassed. ;p

ruqayya: kau mane pnh tau ape pon pasal aku.

ummi sa'eed said...

Sarah shy? Sarah SHY?? muahahahaha. bole la sikit sikit kot.

rumaisa lee said...

yuckksss!!shy konon..geli perut ako yg da kempis nih..haha =p