May 4, 2010

Guilty pleasure

Guilt consumes me.

Last night was the epitome of my greed, rather than hunger. My sister, her husband and I went to Midvalley to break fast. Beforehand, I had to tag along them looking for baby stuffs. That alone has got me depleted, and what else could I have done besides planning what to eat. Every restaurant we passed by seems to call out at me, even the non-halal restaurants. That shows how hungry I was. ;p

So we decided to eat at the food court at the Gardens. More choice, more variety to choose from. In my case, I had a hard time of choosing and ended up ordering fried kuew teow topped with fried chicken, a an unagi California roll and prata bread with sausage, cheese and mushroom. The prata totally differed from the original picture I drooled at. In the picture, it was rolled with oozing cheese, overlapped with sausages and mushroom. The actual? Not really appetizing enough, it was just a slap stick of dough embedded with sausages and mushroom. I couldn't even taste the cheese at all! Even the condiments, dhal curry tasted funny. I swear, I will never let greed get the better of me next time… not.

And you'd think that's all? No, apparently.

Going out with pregnant women (in this case my sister, of course) prove to be damaging on one's diet plan. After prayers, she claimed she wants chocolate ice blended. After much debating on San Francisco Coffee or not, we headed to Paddington House of Pancakes. She did get her drink, but that didn't stop me either. I had Triple Decker sundae, a combi of peanut butter, chocolate and strawberry ice cream, topped with chocolate sauce and a generous helping of mini dollar-sized pancakes. Speak of the devil! Carbs and fat! It feels weird to eat like a hog after a month of one-meal-a-day practice.

After that entire food hoard, I fell asleep immediately in the car. Gila gemuk! Upon arriving, I continued sleeping until Syarif came to pick me up. When I woke up this morning, I felt so sick sleeping on all the food I have eaten.

And that, my friend, won't stop me doing it again.

No comments: