Jul 2, 2009

decisions

life's been good so far. couldn't ask for anything less, or more. even though it's the same routine everyday, i do things at my own pace, without people hassling me to move on or yakking away why things are not done yet.

its been a month away from work and i tell you, it's pure bliss. i shudder to think of going back to work. if luck is on my side, lets hope that by the time i get back, my transfer to hq in october will go through. if not, perhaps i will have to resign and look else where.

after tasting freedom, i can look at things in perspective. being employed to a multi-national company has its own perks, of course, but if i have to sacrifice my own emotional stability for a stabil career, i would flush it in the drain. if i'm not stabil, will my career be too? it would jeopardise my own integrity and beliefs. not to say i could be sacked too.

truthfully, i do not hate the company (i thought i did before this) but i hate my work, the workplace and the people there too. that's why i am counting on the transfer. life is too short to be cooped up in that small-minded place where i could have a taste of something different and exciting instead.

two more months to think about career decisions.

No comments: