Sep 4, 2008

Spices of Ramadan

This is my second Ramadan at my workplace. Like last year, its a slow month. Not surprisingly, the carpark is almost empty. I wonder, dont they come to work at all? Never mind, even though I come to work there's not much to do, let alone them, right? ;p

Since I had no major work to be done, well, I idled my time by looking at recipes. Still not undaunted by ambition to cook, browsing through recipes somehow gives me a spark of motivation. I listed the dishes that I plan to cook. I need more new recipes to keep me going this month. Anyhow, I can't be bothered to try almost difficult ones because I would rather eat at some fancy restaurants that eat my own cooking. So, here is my list for the time being, which will be added from time to time.

  • Tom Yam Campur (yep, I still want to cook this)
  • Ayam Masak Kuzi (a Kelantanese specialty)
  • Kung Pao Chicken
  • Ikan Masak 3 Rasa
  • Kung Pao Spagetti
  • Daging Masak Hitam Manis
  • Nasi Lemak Ayam Goreng Rempah
  • Daging Masak Lada Hitam
  • Chicken Soup

I realised that I have 2 Kung Pao dishes. I just can't help it, they are so yummylicious. I've never done them before so lets hope it will turn out well. plus it doesnt cost a bomb to make it. And cooking for two always tastes better than cooking for many. ;p

Today I begged someone (literally). People would just do anything to get something they want. You never know what you want in life until its dangling in front of you. Then you grovel just to have it. We are all dogs. Grovelling and grovelling more. The more you want, the more you have to grovel. The Groveller. Thats me. And I have to admit that I'm quite surprised with myself that I too, can be a groveller. And at some point, when you dont have to grovel for a living, then you will be grovelled at. I wonder where it will stop. I dont think there is a stop.

Like, I had a fallout with my boss during one of the projects. And now looking back, I thank God that I was involved with this project. Or I would have seen The Door. (and grovelling at The Door too!)

Or today, I intentionally went to work late because ever since fasting I go to work early, I always ended up late. So I might as well be late late. But when we were coming out of our Taman to the big road, lots of cars were crawling slowly. And it was 8am and it never happened before. So, we turned around and just followed the cars going the opposite. Turns out that way is much shorter and less hassle to the big road. So I thank God for that too.

I have a lot to thank for. I just cant list them all so Thank You all the same.

P/S: I cant wait to go home and start on my hot & spicy Tom Yam soup..

No comments: